Dr. John Carson has dentistry in his genes. The son of a periodontist and grandson of a prosthodontist, Dr. Carson grew up with dentistry as his calling.
Dr. Carson was born in Kansas City, Missouri. He received his dental degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry. Upon graduation, Dr. Carson joined the Air Force and was recognized as the outstanding company grade officer in the 355th Dental Squadron.
Dedicated to excellence, Dr. Carson continues studying dentistry to provide you with the best care possible. Some of his continuing education includes:
- Advanced training through The Pankey Institute, a prestigious educational organization attracting dentists from around the world.
- Dr. Carson is trained and mentors with Spear Education (formerly named the Spear Institute)
- Accumulating over 1400 hours in advanced training, which far surpasses the required number designated by most states and dental organizations.
- Experience and training in all aspects of general dentistry – aesthetics (cosmetic), endodontics (focus on the roots/pulp of the teeth), prosthodontics (advanced restorative dentistry), periodontics (gums and soft tissue), oral surgery and implantology (dental implants).
Dr. Carson is also a proud member of several prestigious professional and business organizations including:
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Arizona Dental Association
- Southern Arizona Dental Society
- Pima Dental Study Club
- LD Pankey Alumni Association
- Visiting Faculty for Spear Education
- Tucson Association of Executives